Your Planning board provides an overview of all bookings for your team, when they are working and on what. It also allows to quickly see when a resource is available.
The button on the right just above the timeline allows you to switch from the standard Users view presenting the user in sequence to the Grouped view, grouping the users by project.
Some intuitive icons can facilitate the work of the planner:
- Revert Action: clicking this icon will revert the last performed action. You may click up to 3 time on the icon, so to reverse the 3 last actions
- Copy Booking: activate this feature by clicking on the icon. You may choose then one or several bookings by marking them. Once done, position your mouse on the target date & users combination and click on "Finish". The booking(s) and all information will be automatically copied
And just above these icon, you find 2 more:
- Team Selector: if your company uses multiple teams, you may use this selector to switch to any other team
- And a global View icon allowing you to choose your planner screen's settings:
- Hide Week-end: ON means that the week-end days appear in the same format as any day; if OFF is set, the week-end days are greyed out. In both cases, you may plan (or move) booking(s) on a week-end day. It will appear as a red exclamation point in case of hidden week-end.
- Disable Tool tip: ON means that a tool tip appears when you hoover over the booking (the tool tip shows the booking details like project long name, notes..)
- Cells Size: this parameter steers the size of the user's booking lines. While the larger setting allows to comfortably show the user's avatar and booking details, smaller settings will fit more users on the planner page
- Planner Zoom: offers you a choice of 3 different view: days, weeks and months, giving you thus a dynamic timeline with past, present and future bookings.
To navigate within the Planning screen, you may use the arrows located next to the date picker, pick a specific date in the date picker or, to come back to the current day, simply click Today.
Mac users can also use their trackpad and all desktop users can use the arrow keys on their keyboard to navigate across time within the days and weeks views (out of performance considerations, the "months view" can only be navigated around using the arrows).