Planners and Administrators can create, import, edit and archive projects.
Creating a project allows you to book users to it and track allocated budget.
Note: the article below refers to the creation of single projects (one by one). Alternatively, you may import projects - a very useful way to create many projects in one shot!
- Go to the Projects section
- Click on Create Project
- Enter the project name and a code to identify the project
- Select a Project Color. This color is displayed in the Planner in order to easily distinguish projects
- Select the Project Type (billable, non-billable; this information will be used to calculate the different KPIs)
- Optional data on the General info window:
- Select the Client associated with the project using the drop down menu
- If you have a Time budget, enter it (in hours). Use it to track the project budget vs the booked hours
- enter a Start Date and/or End Date of the project
- Business unit
- Project Notes
- Optional data on the Advanced tab
- Project specific tasks
- custom fields
- Click Create. Your project is now listed in Projects
To edit a project:
- Click on the project from the project list
- Click on Edit Project at the bottom of the right panel
- Follow the same steps as above