As an alternative to the manual creation of projects, you can import projects from an Excel file. This is particularly handy when you want to create many projects in one shot.
- Go to the Projects section
- Click on the More Options button located left of Manage Client and select Upload Projects
- Click on "This spreadsheet" to download an editable template spreadsheet
- Edit the sample data with your projects data; do not change the columns' order!
- Copy the cells of the projects you want to import (without the column titles)
- Paste the data on the pop up screen where instructed (don't mind the layout) and click on Import
Make sure mandatory info (Project Name, Project Type) are populated in the file; optional information may be entered as well.
While Client names may be entered in the xls file, these must be created manually beforehand (otherwise, projects will not be assigned to clients).